If you want to setup a RAID array without having to reinstall Windows, all you need to do is install Intel Storage Matrix and update a few registry keys.
- Download and install Intel Storage Matrix.
- Modify the key named “Start” in each of these locations to 0
More info is available in the Microsoft KB article
- Restart your computer and enable AHCI in the BIOS.
Your computer should restart without any problems. Once you’ve logged in you should see Windows installing drivers for AHCI.
- Open regedit again and change Start to 3
- Restart your computer and change your BIOS from AHCI to RAID. Windows should load without any problems and install the RAID drivers without having to reinstall.